Why You should do Business with an HBASC Member
HBASC Members are Professionals
• They have the necessary licenses for their profession
• They carry insurance—not only protecting their own business, but also your project
• They work to develop reputable businesses that can stand the scrutiny of peer review.
• They commit to a standard of ethics in the conduct of their business.
• They invest time and money into taking classes that improve their ability to make a better product.
• They commit to researching new products and new techniques to industry trade shows, like the Southern Builders Network.
HBASC Members are in it for the Long Term
• By joining the association they are showing a commitment to long-term development of their company.
• They seek opportunities to network with those in the industry who have run successful businesses for years.
• They believe that spending a bit now to educate themselves will pay dividends as time goes on.
HBASC Members work to Keep Housing Affordable
• Excessive regulation threatens the ability of average wage-earners, like teachers and police, to afford a home.
• They support legislative efforts to restrict regulatory bureaucracies from growing in a self-serving manner at the home-owner’s expense.
• They research new technologies and developing products to find more efficient ways of building homes.
HBASC Members are Community-minded
• They may be your next-door neighbors, and they live in and care about their, and your, community.
• They provide necessary support for vocational education programs in your local schools.
• They encourage the vocational education teachers in your high schools and community colleges.
• They provide college scholarships through their support of the Educational Foundation.
• They volunteer in community service projects, like building handicap ramps for service organizations, etc.
• They have built hundreds of Habitat houses across the state.
• They have built homes for injured returning veterans.
• Like you, they want a healthy, safe, caring community for their kids to grow up in.